July Board of Review
2160 Wadhams Road, Kimball, MI 48074
Wednesday July 20th, 2021 3:00PM
Meeting called to order by Becky Jackson at 3:04 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Members
- Becky Jackson, Rose Howard, and Chery Struble present.
- Also Present: Shawn Biernat, Assessor. Mark Foster, Assistant Assessor.
- Approval of Agenda
- Rose Howard motioned to approve the agenda as presented, supported by Becky Jackson.
- Presentation of Pertinent July Board of Review Information
- Assessor Shawn Biernat discussed pending appeals, the poverty exemption fact sheet, and Kimball Hardship Exemption Guidelines.
- Public Act 253 of 2020
- Shawn Biernat discussed Public Act 253 of 2020 with the board members.
- State Tax Commission Guidance for 2021 July Board of Review
- Shawn Biernat discussed the State Tax Commission Guidance for 2021 July Board of Review.
- New Business
- Cheryl Struble motioned for Rose Howard to be chair. Motion supported by Becky Jackson.
- Letter Appeals
- The board reviewed two Poverty Exemptions, one denied and one approved.
- The board reviewed five appeals for late file Principal Residence Exemption, all approved.
- The board reviewed one qualified error, approved.
- The board reviewed two Disabled Veteran’s Exemptions, two approved.
- Public Appeals
- No public appeals heard.
- Board of Review Discussion
Becky Jackson motioned to adjourn, unanimously supported. July Board of Review adjourned at 3:45 p.m.