2022 July Board of Review
2160 Wadhams Road
Kimball, MI 48074
Tuesday July 19, 2022, at 3:00 P.M.
Meeting called to order by Shawn Biernat at 3:10 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Members
- Cheryl Struble, Amanda Gregg, and Becky Jackson present.
- Also Present: Shawn Biernat, Assessor. Mark Foster, Assistant Assessor.
- Absent: Diana Nielsen
- Approval of Agenda
- Becky Jackson motioned to approve the agenda as presented, supported by Amanda Gregg. Motion carried.
- Presentation of Pertinent July Board of Review Information
- Assessor Shawn Biernat discussed the change to July and December Board of Review authority. Board of review no longer has the authority to grant late file Principal Residence Exemptions as of July 11, 2022 due to signing of House Bill 4534.
- Letter Appeals
- The board reviewed one Poverty Exemption, which was approved.
- The board reviewed one Disabled Veteran’s Exemption, which was approved.
- The board reviewed seven clerical errors, seven were approved.
- Public Appeals
- No public appeals heard.
- Board of Review Discussion
- Cheryl Struble will not be present for December Board of Review and may be retiring as a board of review member.
Amanda Gregg motioned to adjourn, unanimously supported. July Board of Review adjourned at 3:30PM.