KIMBALL TOWNSHIP CEMETERY ADVISORY BOARD
2160 WADHAMS ROAD, KIMBALL, MI 48074
JANUARY 11, 2023
Gregg motioned to open the meeting at 10 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance.
ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS: Cline, Gregg, Nielsen and Wagar.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk Becky Wrubel and Mr. Grabowski.
- Minutes of Kimball Township Cemetery Board for December 14, 2022.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Gilbert brought forth to the board that she has attended the MTA seminar online.
The discussion was on Green Burials.
- Michigan has no laws in place for green burials.
- Kimball Township is responsible for its own rules for green burials.
It has been noted that many of our Veterans do not have any markers. It is the responsibility of the family members to request the markers.
An updated map of all of the Veterans has been requested by the American Legion for flag placement in May.
- The question has come up about the number of Veterans that are in the cemetery and how many do not have a marker. During this meeting, the board was given a map as well as the names and locations for the veterans in Caswell Cemetery.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Discussion of Green Burials.
Wager motioned to have Tetra Tech go out to Caswell Cemetery and survey the ground between the driveway and the moat for having green burials at 6 X 9 plots supported by Nielsen. Motion Carried.
Wagar brought up that the cemetery does not have a chapel area and would like to discuss having one built.
- Clerk Wrubel talked about a large stone being moved and now is blocking another but it was not moved by the township.
Meeting adjourned at 12:03 p.m.
Submitted by Amanda Gregg, Chair