The department of Public Works is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the drinking water, sanitary sewer and cemetery operations.

Water Utility

The Water department is responsible for the maintenance of drinking water distribution system that delivers high quality water to residents and businesses and water supply for fire suppression. Operations crews respond to emergency calls for broken water mains and services, undertake regular maintenance of the valves, pump stations, and fire hydrants. They are also responsible for installing service connections, water quality monitoring, water metering, backflow prevention, or water mains construction and maintenance, including flushing.

Sanitary Sewer Utility

The Sanitary Sewer section is responsible for maintenance and construction of the City’s sanitary sewer infrastructure, installing service connections, inspection and maintenance of sanitary sewer mains, maintenance and operation of pump stations and valves, and flow monitoring.

Roads and Drainage Maintenance

Kimball Township does not own any roads. By agreement all roads not privately owned are maintained and owned by the St Clair County Road Commission. The Township pays for gravel for unpaved roads. All unpaved roads receive gravel every other year. 

For all road questions, you can call the Township at (810) 987-9797 and we will contact the Road Commission on your behalf or you may contact the Road Commission directly at (810) 364-5720

Drainage along the road right of way is also maintained by the St Clair County Road Commission. The Township is not permitted to do any ditching in the easement. However, the Township will pay for ditching should Road Commission engineers determine its necessity. 

For ditching questions in the road easement, please contact the Township at (810) 987-9797.

Flooding and drainage issues outside of the road easement are the responsibility of the St Clair County Drain Commission. They can be reached at (810) 364-5369.

Solid Waste Services

The Township does not have a solid waste contract for trash collection services. As a resident you have the freedom to hire and contract for services with any of the companies below:

Marcotte Disposal (810) 985-9818

Jeff’s Rubbish (810) 384-1448

Waste Management (810) 513-1811

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window