2022 December Board of Review
2160 Wadhams Road
Kimball, MI 48074
Tuesday December 13th, 2022, at 3:00 P.M.
Meeting called to order by Shawn Biernat at 3:15 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Members
- Present: Amanda Gregg, Diana Nielsen and Becky Jackson
- Also Present: Shawn Biernat, Assessor. Mark Foster, Assistant Assessor.
- Absent: Cheryl Struble
- Approval of Agenda
- Amanda Gregg motioned to approve the agenda as presented, supported by Diana Nielsen. Motion carried.
- Presentation of Pertinent December Board of Review Information
- Assessor Shawn Biernat discussed Bulletin 19 of 2022 regarding the 1.05% inflation rate multiplier. The pending legislation regarding Disabled Veterans Exemption changes was also discussed.
- New Business
- Amanda Gregg motioned for Diana Nielsen to be interim chairperson due to Cheryl Struble’s absence. Becky Jackson supported. Motion carried.
- Letter Appeals
- The board reviewed one Poverty Exemptions, which was denied.
- The board reviewed six Disabled Veteran’s Exemptions, 3 denied and 3 approved.
- Clerical error corrections approved by board of review.
- Public Appeals
- No public appeals heard.
- Board of Review Discussion
- Discussion of March Board of Review dates based on the 2023 Michigan Tax Calendar.
Diana Nielsen motioned to adjourn, unanimously supported. December Board of Review adjourned at 3:45PM.