KIMBALL TOWNSHIP CEMETERY ADVISORY BOARD
MUNICIPAL OFFICE, 2160 WADHAMS ROAD,
KIMBALL, MICHIGAN 48074
JULY 10, 2013
Meeting called to order at 2:00 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS:
PRESENT: Sturdevant, Pung, Cline, Bennett and Wagar.
ALSO PRESENT: R. Hand.
Minutes of Kimball Township Cemetery Advisory Board – June 12, 2013.
Motion by Cline to accept as presented supported by Bennett. Motion Carried.
- Minutes of Kimball Township Board of Trustees – June 18, 2013.
Received by M. Sturdevant.
II. OLD BUSINESS
No further news.
- Cemetery Financing
No further news.
III. NEW BUSINESS
- Cemetery Enforcing
At 2:10 p.m. the Cemetery Board left the Township Office and proceeded to Caswell Cemetery. While at Caswell Cemetery the township clerk, R. Hand, would like the Cemetery Board to write down a list of violations and things that need to be done.
ITEMS THAT NEED ATTENTION:
- The Caswell Cemetery Sign at the front needs a new proper foundation. The sign is leaning to the back. This does not need to fall over.
- The lawn service needs to trim around the headstones, not just mow. Some of the weeds are taller than the headstones.
- The Douglas Headstone – Lot 87 could use a new footing. The headstone is tipping over.
- The Rockwell Headstone – Lot 85 could use a new footing. The headstone is leaning over.
- The Marion Taylor Headstone needs a foundation.
- Hanneke – Lot 31 or 24, Bush needs to be pulled.
- Johnson – Lot 50, Bush needs to be cut down.
- Dudd – Lot 21, Bush needs to be pulled.
VIOLATIONS OF TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE:
- Michael Mounihan – Lot 101, remove objects off of entire grave, nee to put within dimensions of ordinance.
- Irvine – Lot 114 & 107, White stone needs to be removed.
- Genaw – Lot 37 or 32, pull coping fence and plants in the middle of grave.
- Mitchell Needs to put flowers around headstone, not on entire grave, remove glass vases and beer bottles.
- Caryl Jr., Bench needs to be moved back in line with headstone, not in middle of grave.
- Sexton, need to move flowers closer to headstone, with the ordinance dimensions.
- Hinkley, move the bench off the middle of the grave.
- Borowski – Lot85, needs to shorten the flowerbed, needs to be within the dimensions of ordinance
- Maraone needs to adjust size of flowerbed to be within the limits of ordinance.
- Hall, bench needs to me moved off the center of grave.
- Beatrice & Alva Evans – Lot 174, flowerbed needs to conform to the ordinance.
- Fleming – Block 2, Lot 280, shorten the size of the flowerbed and remove the coping fence.
- Swift & Palmer – Block 2, remove the coping fence.
- Evelyn & Wilson Hall – Block 2, Lot 214, remove deer in middle of grave and shorten flowerbed to within ordinance limits.
- Joe & Margaret Hudy – Block 2, Lot 206, remove the white rock, potential mowing hazard for flying object.
- Sovereen – Block 2, move the baby fencing off the middle of the grave.
- Howard – Block 2, move brick fencing back closer to headstone, with the dimensions of ordinance.
Motion by Cline to adjourn meeting at 3:30 p.m. supported by Wagar. Motion Carried.
Adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Submitted By, Michael Sturdevant, Chairperson/Secretary
Kimball Township Cemetery Advisory Board